Tuesday 17 April 2012

Holo-Grim

I noticed 2Pac was "trending" the other day.

My initial response was to sigh and let out a "for fuck sake" in the assumption that another rumour about how he's not dead was circulating.

Nor but mate, If he was dead, how did he sing "Ghetto Gospel" with Elton John?

Curiosity eventually got the better of me and I decided to scope out the latest buzz.

Turns out he was a hologram all along.

Or rather he did actually die back in 1996 and He was "revived" briefly at the weekend at Coachella in the form of a hologram.

I can only shrug my shoulders at the footage I've seen.

It's alright. But it hardly adds anything to his legacy. The same can be said for the majority of albums released after his death.

But then again I wasn't at Coachella and didn't see him in the flesh....or rays....of laser beam or whatever.

That said the crowd didn't seem to be going overly nuts. Suppose even for the most ardent fan it'd of been hard to digest.

Once the clip finished I closed the browser and carried on with my business...for about 30 seconds until it dawned on me.....

...There are almost definitely going to be calls for some kind of Michael Jackson hologram. Probably a full length arena tour. And people will pay crazy money for tickets.

Horrendous.

I thought "The Michael Jackson experience" on Nintendo wii represented the final scrapings of a barrel once brimming with shit.

But I'm 100% convinced this will happen on some scale in the next year or two.

Be warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment