Monday 2 August 2010

Merrick Elbow AKA Bursatitis

On Saturday i woke up only to find out that this had happened in my sleep....



It fucking knacked and actually got bigger but by then i wasn't in the mood for pictures anymore. I'd assumed it was a delayed reaction to a knock i might of taken in 5-a-side on friday and just took painkillers.

After struggling through saturday i eventually sought medical help and went to the "drop in" centre on Sunday. A short wait and a £14.40 bill for antibiotics later i was back home in time to catch the end of the Hunchback of Notre Dame. After sitting for ten minutes with my brother branding Quasimodo an ugly bastard and picking apart the plot it suddenly dawned on me that i wasn't really in the position to be mocking freaks. But so fuck, he's still a horrible cunt. That bit at the end where he comes out the tower and everones just looking at him is crackers. He'd clearly be stoned to death. Also i'd always thought the story ended in him marrying Esmeralda for some reason. She actually ends up with some He-man lookalike. Maybe she saw Quasi's inner beauty but couldn't see past his mangled dick. Man, I've watched so much shit i'd never usually dream of these last few days.

So yea, on the evening i developed a fever and started shivering loads so decided to go to A&E. Here i was rapped by the nurse first for not coming in sooner and then for my choice of clothing. "Is there any reason you're wearing a jumper in the middle of summer" - Yea because i'm fucking shivering. I didn't say that of course. Just accepted my fate.....a gown.



Suddenly the "dignity in care" posters seemed quite ironic. There were definitely sniggers as i sat back down in the waiting area. Further misery was added when the guy next to me began banging on to another patient about his computer skills and wowing her with talk about microsoft excel. I seem to be a magnet for boring computer nerds. My head was banging and i was dying to tell him to fuck off. I later felt bad for thinking he was a dick after he asked "are you ok mate?" Indeed it's actually quite nice the feeling of camaraderie between fellow patients, then you'll just get some dick coming in drunk and mouthing off. The staff do an excellent job under difficult circumstances. I overheard one story about a guy coming in and riding round the ward on a BMX : /

It's been nice having time off work and as i mentioned earlier I've watched loads of TV. Still can't handle Jeremy Kyle like but it's mint just chilling out and watching about 10 episodes of come dine with me then coach trip. No wonder so many people are on the dole.

No comments:

Post a Comment