Saturday 26 February 2011

A night in

Town has taken it's toll the past few weeks so i'm having a night in.

This time last week i was being threatened with death by some guys who tried to queue jump. I was warned that i could be "buried in 10 minutes" by some lad half my size who thought it was ok for him to stroll to the front of the line but took issue when i blocked his path and said "it doesn't work like that mate" He wasn't my mate.

If we rationalise then it's plain to see i'm in the right. I've queued up, they haven't. Why then am i subjected to varied abuse ranging from fashion tips to violent threats from someone i've never met before? This is a night out is it? Nice one.

Once inside i set about the usual routine of gradually getting drunk enough to justify a foray on the dancefloor. Up until this point i'll usually stand on the fringe of the dancefloor with tears in my eyes. Am i having a good time? I don't even know anymore.

Later on we encounter these 2 guys again. Both seem intent on shaking hands and forgetting the silliness from earlier. I'm happy to let it go but refuse the handshake. We all got in. We don't need to pretend to buzz off each other. My blunt assessment doesn't sit well. Moments later a pint flies off the balcony and lands on my head. Wonder who could of threw that.

They win. I'll happily walk away. I can't do it anymore. There's too many people in town intent on causing bother. I've decided i can have a better night sat in watching match of the day. But can I???

Tonight i've rattled about the house as it gradually emptied with each member of the family embarking on their own night out.

I've watched MOTD and arsed about on the internet. Spent hours looking at pictures of Mark Speight and watching Celtic videos. I've concluded that Mark Speight was crackers and that i want to go to a Celtic game. Preferably Vs Rangers. Oh and i think i've discovered a new favourite drink...Morgan's spiced & coke.

I've got nothing else to do at the minute so this is keeping me occupied as i prolong my night. Apologies for the lack of structure but there's a few other things on my mind......

At work i keep seeing a bike outside one of the entrances. For some reason the seat is missing. The bike has now been labelled "the dildo bike" I don't fully understand it. The bike is quite scruffy so it seems strange that the owner would deem the seat so valuable they remove it for security reasons. So it only leaves one explanation.

On the way to work i see a Lollipop man and woman working the same patch but standing on different sides of the road. I'm intrigued as to whether or not they indulge in typical work smalltalk. I don't think i'd bother. Do they shout across the road "have a nice weekend" etc? Fuck that.

I've came to realise that i'll never grow credible facial hair.

Of all the times you hear the phrase "bored to tears" you don't actually appreciate just how bad it would be to be literally bored to tears.

Imagine being that bored that you started to cry.

If some kind of magic history TV genie said you can view footage of one historical event not caught on film. Top of my list would be to see someone being bored to tears.

If i had 3 wishes i think i'd have to see what really happened with OJ Simpson and what/who went down that fateful night at Barrymore's

It's 01:44

I'm going to bed....goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment