Monday 3 May 2010

Bank holiday blues

Boredom strikes again so i find myself writing another blog.

It's bank holiday. The weekend has been pretty uneventful. It's been nice to have a bit of time off work though even if i have ended up going stir crazy today.

I can count 3 notable incidents where the general public have riled me over this weekend.

1. As i put the lottery on in the co-op i was asked to produce ID. The conversation went...

Checkout girl: I'll need to see some ID

Me: Come on, i'm 24.....i put the lottery on every week in here

Checkout girl: You have to look over 25

Me: You only have to be 16 to play the lottery, do you think i'm 15?

Checkout girl: I'm sorry i can't serve you

Me: Well forget about these as well then

I then proceeded to throw a handful of footy stickers onto the counter. I left feeling angry but also self satisfied, safe in the knowledge that she'd have to put them back.

But what an idiot, she was clearly thinking of alcohol when she quoted the over 25 rule. And that's a load of bollocks anyway. The age is 18 for alcohol so where does 25 come from? I'll happily admit i look quite youthful and i don't feel 24 but to be considered 15 is just ridiculous.

2. A bloke in ASDA paid for a sandwich and a newspaper using his card. I thought there was a minimum amount for this. It fucks me off big time when people don't just deal in cash. Especially when i'm in a rush.

3.????????

I've forgotten what the 3rd thing was. Maybe i'll remember. Maybe i wont. I'm worried about my memory lately. Hmmm. I'm sure it was to do with driving or something.

Anyway as i mentioned above yes, i'm collecting footy stickers. I do it every time the World cup is on. Yes it's childish but what are you gonnna do? I was inspired after seeing an old antiques roadshow where someone had loads of old albums all filled and they were valued at something crackers. Though realistically by the time mine will be worth anything i'll be too old to spend the money on anything enjoyable. A gold plated zimmer frame perhaps, a state of the art hearing aid. It's not worth thinking about. At least i wont still be getting ID'd at that age...

... i hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment