Tuesday 18 May 2010

Sticking at it

I'm making good progress with my World cup sticker album....

I'm still quick to dismiss any comments about it being childish "how old are you?" etc. It's not as if i'm pissing my pants in a supermarket or building a den.

I don't even get embarassed at the checkout. Well i did once but theres a story to it....

They were giving away a free pack of stickers in Morrisons when you spend £20 or more. So when i was shopping with my Dad he asked the old lady in front of us if she was using her stickers. This just confused her and caused blank looks all round. I could only watch in horror whilst turning betroot red until the situation eased.

Anyway, after failing to fill the 2006 album i'm determined to fill this year.
At 50p a packet (5 stickers) though, my wallet is taking a hammering. Luckily a friend has gone a bit nuts, spent a crazy amount and given me a load of his swaps for free. These days we don't have the luxury of a playground full of kids to swap with....well without getting taken down the station for questioning.

It's a bit of a shame like. I sort of miss the element of swapping this time round. Everyone remembers "Got, got, need"

With less people to trade with i've taken to grabbing a handful of my swaps each time i go on a night out and then occasionally leaving them on walls, windows etc. It provides mild amusement.

In school i had about 50x Uwe Roslers (the former Man City ace) at one point. These days oafish, quivering lipped, cretin Rio Ferdinand appears to be the most common swap. Much to my dismay. Maybe it's one of his hilarious "world cup wind ups"

No comments:

Post a Comment